News and Announcements
As you’ve probably heard from your respective managers, we have a schedule!
As a preface, it’s not perfect. Due to the inability for some Clubs to field teams at certain levels, there had to be a lot of adjustments. Unfortunately, the league couldn’t schedule us together as a Club much, but at least we have the schedule in hand.
Sat 09 Sep – 0900 – vs Kanata – Millennium Turf
Sat 16 Sep – 1830 – @ Nepean – Bob Stephen Field
Sat 23 Sep – 0900 – @ Kanata – Bob Barr Field
Sun 01 Oct – 0900 – vs Gatineau – Millennium Turf
Wed 04 Oct – 1845 – @ Gloucester South – Location TBD
Sun 08 Oct – 0900 – Nepean – Milllennium Turf
Sun Oct 15 – 1030 – @ Cornwall – Joe St Denis Field
Mon 04 Sep – 0900 – @ Orleans – Millennium Turf
Sat 09 Sep – 1030 – vs Orleans – Millennium Turf
Sat 16 Sep – 1030 – @ East Ottawa – Robinson Field
Sat 23 Sep – 1030 – @ Kanata – Bob Barr Field
Sun 01 Oct – 1400 – vs Nepean – Millennium Turf
Sun 08 Oct – 1030 – vs East Ottawa – Milllennium Turf
Sun Oct 15 – 1200 – @ Cornwall – Joe St Denis Field
Sat 09 Sep – 1200 – vs Orleans – Millennium Turf
Sun 17 Sep – 1200 – @ Rideau -South Grenville HS (Prescott)
Sat 23 Sep – 1200 – @ Kanata – Bob Barr Field
Sun 01 Oct – 1530 – vs Nepean – Millennium Turf
Sun 08 Oct – 1200 – vs East Ottawa – Millennium Turf
Wed 11 Oct – TBD – @ Bell – Location TBD
Sun Oct 15 – 1330 – @ Cornwall – Joe St Denis Field
Sat 02 Sep – 1230 – @ Myers – Confederation HS
Sun 10 Sep – 1200 – @ Nepean – Bob Stephen Field
Fri 15 Sep – 2000 – vs West Carleton – Millennium Turf
Fri 22 Sep – 1845 -vs Kanata – Millennium Turf
Sat 30 Sep – 1200 – @ Bell – Quinn Pointe
Wed 04 Oct – 2015 – @ Orleans – Location TBD
Sun 08 Oct – 1400 – vs Bel Air – Millennium Turf
Cumberland Panthers are the 2017 OPFL JV CHAMPIONS!
Have you heard? The Panthers JV team is playing for the first ever JV Championship!
For this special event, you can watch the Livestream anywhere in the world at real time, starting at 4:00pm!
The OPFL is excited to have two Ottawa area clubs in its Premiere Division for the 2017 season. The Cumberland Panthers have a tradition of minor football excellence and the Ottawa Sooners have a long history of success and growth in the CJFL. We look forward to both clubs making the OPFL a more competitive, football-focused, and inclusive league.
In an effort to clear up some of the confusion around the agreement created between the OPFL, the Cumberland Panthers, and the Ottawa Sooners, we would like to highlight the agreement’s significant points.
1. Players on the Cumberland Panthers’ Rosters in 2016 will be ineligible to play for the Sooners for the 2017 Season.
2. The Ottawa Sooners will be operating out of Ottawa West. Traditional NCAFA territories mark the region the Sooners are able to draw players from. The Sooners’ regions include: Bel-Air Copeland Lions, Myers Riders, Nepean Eagles, Bell Warriors, Kanata Knights, West Carlton Wolverines, Bel-Air Norseman.
3. The Cumberland Panthers will be operating out of Ottawa East. Traditional NCAFA territories mark the region the Panthers are able to draw players from. The Panther’s regions include: Cumberland Panthers, Orleans Bengals, Gloucester South Raiders, North Gloucester Giants, East Ottawa Generals, South Ottawa Mustangs.
4. Each club can register players from the other region within the limits below. None of the below considerations apply to players on any of the Cumberland Panthers’ 2016 rosters.
-Varsity – 10 players
-Junior Varsity – 10 players
-Bantam – 6 players
5. Any player released or cut from either club is deemed open to be registered and will not be counted against limits listed in Condition #4.
Further understandings between the OPFL, the Ottawa Sooners, and the Cumberland Panthers:
A) The Ottawa Sooners will be practicing out of Carleton University up until May 10th 2017. Following this they intend to practice out of either Quinn’s Pointe or Bob Barr Park. The Sooners’ long term plan is to operate out of Stittsville.
B) The Cumberland Panthers will be practicing on the University of Ottawa’s turf field up until May 10th 2017. Following this they intend to practice out of Millennium Park. The Panthers’ long term plan is to continue to operate out of Millennium Park.
C) The child of anyone with a proven coaching background with either the Cumberland Panthers or the Ottawa Sooners will be permitted to play for the organization their parent is coaching with. If a release is required for this it will be granted. Any player this applies to will count against the 10 or 6 player limit from either region (see condition #4).
D) Coaches and administrators fielding questions from parents or players should refer to the above agreement when providing information. If any further clarification is required they can refer them to OPFL Eastern Director Chuck Crabbe. firstname.lastname@example.org
The OPFL looks forward to a productive relationship with the Cumberland Panthers and the Ottawa Sooners for the 2017 season and beyond.
OPFL Eastern Director