Important OPFL Ottawa Territory Clarification
There’s been much confusion on the OPFL Ottawa Territories for 2018. Below is the official statement from the league and should serve to make things far more clear.
OTTAWA AREA CLARIFICATION:
1. A player who lives in a 2018 "OPE territory and who played for either Ottawa club in 2017 is allowed to leave that Club and join the other club, provided they are moving up a division (ie: bantam to JV or JV to Varsity). This is standard for all OPFL teams.
1. A player who lives in either Cumberland or Sooners territory, as outlined in the 2018 AGM approved territories, and who played for the opposite club in 2017 is NOT required to revert to
the Club in which territory they reside for 2018. A registered player from 2017 is protected to that Club until he graduates the age division. At that point the player will have the option to
register with the other Club assigned to his/her area.
2018 Provisions for Ottawa Region as Approved at AGM by the Membership:
The Ottawa Region will be divided into East and West based on the NCAFA Territories outlined below.
1. Cumberland Panthers are designated the Ottawa East team. Ottawa Sooners are designated the Ottawa West teams
2. Territories will use the well-established NCAFA territory system, a system that has proven to be solid for both NCAFA and previously in the OVFL.
1. Players who reside in the following NCAFA territories must play for their Ottawa West team; Kanata, Myers, Bell, West Carleton, Rideau
2. Players who reside in the following NCAFA territories must play for their Ottawa East team; Cumberland, Orleans, North Gloucester, South Gloucester, South Ottawa
3. Players who reside in the following NCAFA territories may play for any team they choose (Cornwall, Gatineau, East Ottawa, Bel-Air)
2. Practice locations will be regulated for teams.
1. At bantam and junior, the Ottawa East club must conduct all practices in Orleans.
2. At bantam and junior, the Ottawa West club must conduct all practices in Kanata orStittsville.
3. Senior teams have no practice location limitations.
2. There will no longer be an allotment of players each team can have from the opposite territory.
3. Any player cut from one team may immediately join the team in the opposite territory.
4. The child of anyone with a proven coaching background will be permitted to play for the organization their parent is coaching with. If a release is required for this, it will be granted.